Anyone use a power bagger for their Gravely ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heyfishguy, May 26, 2006.

1. heyfishguy

heyfishguy LawnSite Member

I bought a 34 inch Gravely ZTR the 1534 model. It came with the regular bagger kit, and I have been unimpessed with how it bags. It seems to always get clogged in the tube, like it cant push the grass up the tube. Anyways the dealer says theirs an optional attachment availabe that installs between the deck and the bagger tube that is basically a big fan that sucks the grass up the tube. Does anyone here have one of these? How well does it work. Also how long does it take to install or take off if you wanted to switch to side discharge vs bagging. Also lots of the yards I do only have a 36 inch gate so I have to drive the mower thru then attach the bagger kit, witch is why being able to take it off and put it back on is important to be quick and easy. Thanks for any input.

2. heyfishguy

Their has to be someone on here that uses one of these?

3. heyfishguy

Their must be someone on this forum that uses a gravely powered bagger.

4. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Is your bagger a rear mount or side mount cage? I am looking for bagging options but the only thing I can find for Gravely 34z is the accelorator or the same gravely brand style and i dont care for those. I want a rear bagger! is yor 34 the homeowner 34?

5. CURBAPPEAL NC

Just looked at the site. they offer a rear bagger for the home series but not the commecial. Damn! WOnder if I can retrofit it!

6. heyfishguy

Mine is the homeowner Gravely@Home 1534 34" model, that I use for light commercial use. Most of my lawns are mowed with the 21" honda. I use the gravely for 3 lawns right now but hopefully more soon. I have the regular Gravely 2 bucket rear bagger non-power assit. The dealer has ordered me the grass assist pump for my bagger unit.

7. CURBAPPEAL NC

Im not saying anything about your mower. as a matter of fact ive heard they are pretty well built. Is that so? How much was your bagger and how much is the power assist. Im thinking of trying to fabricate it to mine. from the pics I think it is possible!

8. heyfishguy

Actually the mower is very well built. Better than any lawn tractor for sure. Everything is nicely welded with very heavy guage steel. The deck is a little lighter guage but still very solid. But I guess the biggest differences between the commercial unit and the residential is the motor and quality of the hydro pumps. As far as the bagger kit goes mine cost $430 canadian. And the power assist is $260 canadian roughly. I really like the design of the bagger unit it just slips on and off of the mower very easily with no bolts or pins. It comes with a sort of 2" upright reciever hitch that bolts to the back of the mower. Plus I put all the grass in clear plastic bags and leave them at the customers house so having two removable buckets makes it easy to dump into the clear bags. You can also put the clear bags right in to the buckets before you mow and just lift them out and leave them curbside when your done. The bagger kit also comes with a front bumper that is solid steel and weighs a ton as well as heavy weight plates that get bolted between the bumper mount and the mower, to counter balance the weight of a full bag.