Anyone use a PowerBroom?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, May 27, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen these Shindaiwa Power Brooms for sale at local dealers and there's one for sale locally (used) for cheap. I'd love to buy it but I've always scratched my head trying to figure out what the heck we'd ever use one for. We've always managed to clean every jobsite up (whether maintenace, clean-up or installation) with either a blower or a hose and water. So what can a power broom do that I can't already do with a hose or blower?

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Jim,

We have a BCS rotary broom... I always thought it was 48" but it may be 40".

We use it on commercial cleanups ...mainly to clean the winter gravel off the turf. I have dethached whole lawns with it before and it does a great job. After cleanups it is used as a roto tiller (another attachment that can be changed in a few minutes) and as a cleanup tool on larger construction jobs. Many guys use them to clear walks in the winter.

Do a search ...BCS America ? if interested.

3. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I've had the PB270 since 1999. I use it in the spring to remove gravel that gets in the yards and road ditches from winter snow plowing. I also clear light snow from sidewalks, use it as a squeege, clean up under Sweet Gum trees, clean the last bit of dirt off grass after trenching or digging, etc.

I also have a string trimmer gear box--it makes a great trimmer.
    You can also put cultivator tines on the PowerBroom gear box.