Anyone use a Turf Teq bed edger?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by billsfanvt, Mar 26, 2010.

1. billsfanvt

billsfanvt LawnSite Member

I went to purchase a "bed shaper" bed edger but found my dealer does not carry it anymore. And now has carries Turf Teq. They are about $1000 dollars more expensive but have a lot more attributes. You can add Harley rake, sweeper,brush cutter,power rake. Plus the wheel set up is different. So before I spend all that money,(around $4400 base price) was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice. Here is a link to the websites
    http://www.turfteq.com/

2. AA+ landscaping

AA+ landscaping LawnSite Member

Yes I have one for 3 years and love it. Saves hours of time and very easy to use. See if they will let you demo it first.:)

3. billsfanvt

billsfanvt LawnSite Member

Any experience with the power broom? And should I add the locking differential if I plan to add pieces later.

4. AA+ landscaping

The power broom is around $2000.00. I would like to get it for snow. Not sure about the locking diff. I have the side winder.

5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

The turfteq looks like a good machine. I plan to buy an edger this year, but will wait to see them live at the GIE Expo in October. That's the best way to compare side by side.
    So far, I am most impressed with the Turfteq.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we are excited about it as it has the ability to be a trencher too, a very narrow non disburbing trencher for small irrigation and electric conduit etc.

7. AA+ landscaping

Yes about that it doesn't go deep about 6 inches.

8. grassman177

ah, thanks

9. Turf Teq

Turf Teq Sponsor

If you want to purchase and use an edger first, then add other attachments later you would need a tractor that is equipped with a differential lock kit and a wheel lock kit. It is called a TR2. That way it is universal for all our attachments. If you want to save some money now, you can buy just a straight edger and then when you are ready for another attachment you can purchase the two kits as well and install them yourself. Also, 7" is the deepest our biggest trenching blade will go.

If you want to see the machines in action, we have a bunch of videos up on youtube. Just search for Turf Teq. You can also become a fan on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Turf-Teq-LLC/186798660818

Thanks for all the positive words. Spread the word and "Discover the cutting edge."

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  10. grassman177

nice, you are a sponsor. we are highly thinking of buying one of your machines for next year. my dad who is on here is going to GIE again this fall to look edgers over. he is very intersted in your machine, but will have the chance to compare all. thanks