Anyone use a UTV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by JMiller08, Feb 13, 2010.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use a utv for landscaping? Im trying to justify buying one and seeing what uses there would be for one. Other than plowing snow which i dont see me doing because trailering it around would be rediculous. I want one to play on more than anything. I already have a quad but looking for something different. Thanks.

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get a bunch of plowing accounts stacked in or near a certain area just leave it hidden on site in full veiw of any camera's

3. crevinalandscapingllc

crevinalandscapingllc LawnSite Member

I trailered my Polaris ranger crew around in te last storm for the grocery store side walks on my 14ft open trailer wasn't bad

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got a Polaris Ranger XP that I use to mulch instead of a wheelbarrow. It's also great for cleaning up trimmings from hedge jobs. It also pulls my Lesco 42" tow behind aerator. Not to mention that I got both mowers stuck & the Ranger pulled them out.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

yes, we've got a 825i Gator that we use for a lot of plant/mulch installs on larger properties. Also use it for hauling off brush and stuff. It does get used for "play time" once in a while.

426946_3593294597289_257406383_n.jpg

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a mule 4010 4x4 with a winch. i use it mainly for the dump bed but also have an attatchment for a fertilizer hopper and can put my big sprayer in the back. the rear differential unlocks so you can turn sharp without tearing up the grass--also works great when taking clients hunting with you

7. WTC67213

WTC67213 LawnSite Member

The Intimidators utv's are amazing machines. 1,600 lbs payload and 2,100 lbs towing. A lot of ranchers hauling round bales in the bed while towing 3 behind.

8. looperlawn

looperlawn LawnSite Member

I have a Polaris ranger we use it on estate properties for trimming on shopping centers for mulch and planting and for snow plowing we live close and I drive it"$300 street kit". The main reason I purchased is for hunting season. It's a family affair" wife,kid,in-laws, and vet. Dad. Best investment yet

9. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

UTV's are great on Apartment Complexs, I bought a Landmaster last season.. Has been back in the shop 3 times for the gear shift not engaging.. Warranty is almost up, kinda pissed

10. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Thats Sweet, i shouldn't have went cheap on mine