anyone use accelerator baggers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Looking for opinons on anyboday actually using these things. The wieght diference between this one and steel would be a big deal on my 36 metro I think.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Had both. they work very well. One Problem With the Bigger one It Get's very heavy with grass. It also is To small for Leaves. If You go To the Bagger Thead You Will see a bigger One It's Aluminum To.
    John

3. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i've got one on my 21" honda. it holds more and has much better air flow then a fabric catcher. but your not talking about 21" mowers, your talking about using a completely different style. personally if i wanted a bagger that could hold a lot i'd look for something that splits so that dumping it could be done in sections. i don't know if accelorator catchers split or not.

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Accelerator bagger for my 48 Inch Exmark TT-HP. I like it very much...fills well, empties well. I bought the bigger one (I forget how many cubic feet) as a hardly used dealer demo for $200. Even the bigger ones can fill up quickly when doing leaves, but I wouldn't want it any bigger for grass.

You've just gotta be a little careful with the aluminum baggers, they can get beat up pretty easily.

5. John Gamba

from ct

Ranger
    Here's the number 704 359 0403 For the two part bagger that's aluminum.
    GOOD LUCK John

6. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I use the Accelerator for all my bagging. Easy on and off and light weight. Holds more grass than the oem bag. It handles wet grass much better and it does clog up.

7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I had 2 of them, the Xl and the normal size. I love them. Easy to clean, light. After a year the spot welds loosen up here and there. Just need to get it tacked up each year again by the welder. They sure are expensive but so aren't just the plain cloth ones. Sand flies out of them worse than fabric but was never a big issue. I say thumbs up :D

8. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

do they work well with leafs? how often do you empty the largest one going through 3 to 5 inches of leafs, also does any one know the web address for this product. Thanks in advance:)

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/

There you will find them. They bag leaves well but you will have to empty often. Not too much of a difference from a standard catcher. It fits about double the usual exmark cloth baggers do.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Just cut
    The Two part Bagger Is 10.3 Bushels. Accelerator Is 5 Bushels.
    John