Anyone use ADP for payroll?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Classified, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to sign up with them for payroll. It seems like an awesome deal. All you have to do once your setup is is fax/phone/or email the hours in for each employee and they send out the checks, do the whole taxes thing, pay the taxes for you and even file all the neccesary stuff needed with the state and everything else. they can send the employee a paper check, do direct deposit or pay them on a visa check card.

So for the companied using them, do you like it?
  2. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 LawnSite Member

Been with them for two years now and i have been very happy!!! Dont be scared to negotiate with them on price.
  3. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I looked at their site and it seems interesting. They dont go into much detail. Can you explain a little how it all works? Thanks..
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i am getting it set up right now through chase bank, i guess i will find out how good they are.
  5. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

I have been with them for a yr now. I like it very much. The online stuff is great. I dont call in hours just open up the easy pay , plug the numbers in and checks show up on friday as long as it get it all inputed by wed. nite.
    on the off week I miss the wednesday nite, I do call in on thursday and the checks show up on friday..
    no problems,
    I got a great deal on it to,,, deffinatly beat them up a bit....
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what kind of prices are we talking for the service? how is it figured?
  7. southfla

southfla LawnSite Member

For all those who have used them what/how do they get paid?
    Do they get a percentage or do they charge a flat monthly fee?

appears price is neg, so if you dont feel like stating it on a public forum that's cool.
  8. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I use ADP and they are great. It is super easy to use their online interface to plug in hours. I pay every 2 weeks, and I just log in the hours about 2 days before payday, they process it and courier it to my location the day before or day of payday. You open the package, sign the checks and that's it.

They take care of filing all of the state and govt paperwork as well as submitting all of the money. They do a direct withdrawl from your account and send it in. It couldn't be easier. I've heard price is negotiable, but I pay around $40 for 3 employees every 2 weeks. That includes the courier fee. Adding another employee is only around $2 more per pay period. The large percentage of their fee is the actual processing so the number of employees doesn't matter too much in the overall cost. The other thing they are great about is any extra unusual things that need to be taken care of, such as a child support garnishment. They deduct the money that they need to and send it in to the state. You never have to bother with any of that.

I think for the money, it's well worth not having issues with filing the correct paperwork and worrying about whether all of the correct taxes, etc have been paid. Just my 2 cents.
  9. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Oh yeah...

The price is based on a flat fee every pay period. It is one amount if you pay every week, another if you pay every other week, etc. It is significantly more expensive to process one a week, so I went with every other to save a little money. I'm charged about $28 for processing, another $2 per extra employee (2), and $8 or so for the courier (expensive, but much better than picking up the checks). So the total comes to around $40 every 2 weeks.

Hope that helps.