anyone use an Exmark turf tracer 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nathan, Oct 9, 2000.

1. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

I have used bobcat and exmark viking hydro 36 for a while now and am wondering if anyone can say that the turf tracer is worth the extra money. My dealer(the only one in the area) will not demo their machines, I am waiting for help fromthe local Exmark distributor. What I want to know is, does the machine really cut/bag that much better than a fixed deck. Also does Kawasaki's new 15 twin seem to work much better than the old fc420v. We have to bag here in Washington and I want to know if anyone has tried out any otther bags than the grass gobbler or the aluminum acclerator. So far we have had great results with the accelerator, just short lifetimes.
  2. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

I just now responded to your other post. I'm using a JD935 Front mower with 72" deck. I know a guy who bags with his, but I just discharge but am looking for a better result. Who is the local dealer that won't let you demo? I'm waiting to hear from the toro rep about a demo up here in Stanwood. Will
  3. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Exmark 36" Turf Tracer and am very impressed with it. However, I don't bag a thing with it and it's the first large commercial mower I've owned, so I can't tell you for sure it's worth the extra expenditure for you. I can tell you that I chose to go with it because it was the best machine I could find at the size I needed, and going top quality is very important to my new approach/attitude to business. I can also tell you that it came highly recommended by many 'regulars' on this board.

I would suggest, however, that you find another dealer (even if you have to drive a bit) and get a demo. It might be worth the extra time to you...

4. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I have both the14hp Kawi and the 15hp twin. Both are 48 inch walk behind turf tracer hp Exmark. Like them both. The newer 15 runs quieter and seems to start easier and I think it shows it's 1 hp difference. Less vibration on the twin, but that is the idea behind having a twin cylinder.