Anyone use an MP3 while mowing????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, May 31, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Tired of the radio stations getting fuzzy on me... What should I look for when buying an MP3???

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Two things two look for: size and capacity.

My son wears an mp3 player while mowing.
    His is about the size of a tube of chap-stick and can be worn around the neck (very light weight). I think it's a 64MG player which only holds about 20 songs.

Sony makes the IPOD which has a 40 Gig capacity and will hold around 10,000 songs at any one time. Only problem is the size... it's light weight but about the size of a palm pilot.

3. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

I transmit my XM radio from my truck to my head set

Firefighter

4. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Rio brand. Its 128 and will hold about 70 songs, can't believed I lived w/o one.

5. stumpking

stumpking LawnSite Member

If you're handy with electronics, adapt a cheap pair of headphones by taking them apart and gluing the speakers into a set of hearing protection. It's tedious, but it works really well and you'll really save your hearing compared to trying to crank it over the mower noise.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A couple of my guys use them when mowing...they love em.

7. bleroy000

bleroy000 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I use an Iriver mp3 player, it has 20G of space, and I think is one of the best sounding mp3 players....I don't know how I could live without it...

8. LHLawns

LHLawns LawnSite Member

firefighter,
    how do you transmit xm radio to a headset?

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ya i want to know that too......i said the first xm radio that is available in hearing protection will be my next purchase. im so sick of the same radio songs every day. you start noticing the patterns of how they play songs lol. howard stern is different every day, but music on the radio gets old real quick. how do you transmit the xm?

10. drains

drains LawnSite Member