Anyone use Fimco products?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CK82, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 25gal boomless sprayer from Fimco. Im trying to find out if Fimco is a reputable good product?

Chris

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Chris: I have a boom sprayer that I bought at Tractor Supply made by Fimco. I liked the boom but the pump and spray tips were too small. I called them and spoke with a rep. They were great; helped me with tips and sent the right out. I would buy from them without any hesitation. I run all fertilizer through the sprayer. It is only a 15 gallon tank which gives me about 7K of application before filling up again. Yes they are good. Roy

3. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. I've got a 25 gallon boom sprayer that we pull with either the LazerZ or ATV. It has a 6 hp Honda motor, great pumps and comes with 90" boom and wand woith 25" of hose.
    We've used it for 4 seasons and had no issues. Pretty sound equipment.

4. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 25 gal boomless sprayer on a 3pt on my JD. Works well for large areas. I used it the first year on all lawns, but it took much longer to trim everything than dragging hose. I mainly use the center nozzle, with the occassional use of the two outside tips for large/open areas. The center nozzle could have a bit more output in order to increase speed, but it does work fine the way it is.

5. Terraformer

Terraformer LawnSite Member

I have 2 FIMCo sprayers. One is the boomless (30 foot application area) and a 140 inch boom sprayer. Both are 25 gallon and rock solid.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CK82

Fimco makes good equipment. But like any equipment it only works as good as you make it work. Calibration is the big key to making any equipment work proper. Don't trust factory specs from any manufacture, do your own testing and calibration.

7. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a 25gal 8 foot boom unit to mount to the front of my 48" toro walkbehind.. should be interesting hahah

when the pump switch is cut off, they stop spraying right? or does the boom keep on until pressure is gone? hope not, that would be crap.

8. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

i just orderd my second one just as you got, i love them, the first one i have the valve on it to control recirc and to the boomless is cheap but i can live with that. it has paid for itself 100's of times already, i used it on 9acre field last week customer called today raving about how good the kill was, very good product from Fimco.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

causalitist

If the tips and pump volume are the same size they stop spraying pretty quick. But the pressure at start up and shut down do not remain constant. to get perfect spray patterns requires more expensive equipment. This unit should work well for you.

10. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

A good thing for conventional sprayers is a check-valve strainer. No drips on turn arounds. Probably available for the boomless as well.