Anyone use GroundsKeeper program?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sweetland, Jan 10, 2012.

1. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a billing software but can't decide on what to use. A good friend of mine uses Groundskeeper Pro and he loves it but i want to make sure this is the best way to go before i actually spend the few hundred to get it. Unfortunately it doest work on Mac so i would have to use it on my back up PC.

My question are;

1. Does anyone use GroundsKeeper Pro? If so, how do you like it?
    2. Does anyone have something that actually works on a Mac? There are a lot of threads suggesting programs but not much info on ones that actually get used.

Thanks for your help!
  2. sweetland

Including anyone who uses Quickbooks for Mac. Is it easy to use?
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i've never tried it. i just do things the old fashioned way i guess by writing them down in a notebook. it's simple and easy enough for me. :laugh:
  4. sweetland

yeah thats what I've been doing but I'm looking for an easier way
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

there's alot of guys that use quicken or quickbooks on here. i dunno why they haven't responded. maybe they don't use a mac.
  6. Fencek

Fencek LawnSite Member

I used the Groundskeeper Lite program. Love it. It's a slim down version of the Pro. It's real easy to use and simple to keep up. Prints nice billing. Also great for taxing purposes.
  7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used groundskeeper pro for nearly 10 years now. Absolutely love the program and it's very easy to use
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

4 years for me and love it the only thing that sucks is folding and sealing all these invoices lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I have it. I like it, but recently found a program that uses gps as well. It is developed by a lawn care owner. It will work great when spraying as it records your start and finish times with wind speed and temps. It runs off the web so you can use your touch phone with internet. If you have employees you can block certain info, and if you have someone who does your accounting , you can block your customer info. I have not done my trial yet. Was going to do it this week, but found a bunch of scrap iron work.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. sweetland

you can do gps with the new update for groundskeeper.

does the program you were talking about work on a mac?