Anyone use hardscape imaging software?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PatriotLandscape, Feb 19, 2009.

1. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I havent seen anyone post about this in a while.

Do any of you use any imaging software to help with sales?

if so what program? I just installed real landscape pro from unilock and I have been looking at pro landscape.

Anyone thinking of using these this year to seperate themselves in this economy?

2. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

I have pro landscape....it's OK. Maybe a little better than the ones you can buy at Borders, but for what i use it for it does a decent job. What else is out there?

3. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking at, and considering Vectorworks Landmark 2009. It's around $1,800. Probably why i'm still just considering it.

4. Kevin332

Kevin332 LawnSite Member

Use prolandscape . how is everyone this evening

5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro Landscape sells quite a bit of work with their imaging component, and the newest version has included Techo-Bloc in both the imaging and CAD. It allows the client to see what your design ideas are and gives them a chance to comment on color.

Kirk

6. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

The only one I used was real landscape from Unilock, didn't really do much for me in the sales enviornment, but I also hand drawn stuff in 3d and people really love that. I did find that Real Landscape was a greate tool as a photo editing software. i.e. I can use the tools to copy existing grass and use it to hide yard damage, or even add additiona flowers.

To all: A trick to using 'Real'= To erase that unilock logo...open the original picture in paint and add 1/2" to the bottom of the page, open in real and edit, the take to office picture manager and crop off the bottom 1/2" (including the logo and the whit space you added before).:walking:

7. PatriotLandscape

from MA

When you are using it do you typically do this onsite in the truck or do you bring it to a second meeting?

8. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

2nd meeting for sure. Typically good designs take more than 10 minutes to conjure up.

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Back when i used to do landscaping i used i think landpro design- Anyway the first year i purchased it i put in two 30K dollar brick driveways. If you can get the customer exited about the job with a before and after image you hooked them. I just wouldnt leave the design with out a $1000 deposit.

10. PatriotLandscape

from MA

i keep them on my laptop nothing printed so they can't keep them.