anyone use Hooklifts on a daily basis??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Jul 29, 2011.

1. threeleafllc

threeleafllc LawnSite Member

We run our hooklifts everyday they are the most efficient trucks we own
    The F550 is a great truck for prunning and doing small jobs.in the winter it gets a vbox and a plow
    The Kw was bought to be our primary haul truck for hardscaping but now it just hauls dumpsters we have 40 cans and the truck works everyday..
    here are some pics
    sorry all i have are some winter pics ill get some more if you guys want

055.jpg

PB260237.jpg

2. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

At over 20,000 hits I believe a few people found these switch n go units to be worth the minor investment . That truck cost me $ 35,000 to build ! which includes the chassis, hoist, flat bed and two containers......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65cCLquIrs

An how much does your pickup cost? .....and what can that mason dump carry ?????

3. ConstSvcs

Cant do this with a mason dump :cool2:

flatbed.jpg

4. ConstSvcs

Nice KW Threeleaf!

5. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

Never mind mason dump, dumping trailer wouldn't work
    " those of us who have made the investment and own them they were the best investment and not sure how we could do without" About sums it up.

pt80 with plow on himo.jpg

6. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

Very nice setup. How does the terex handle the blizzard?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. threeleafllc

I thought we were the only ones with blizzards on skids...Nice to see
    we could not operate the way we do without the hooklifts...
    ill get some more of the trucks tomorrow

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see the extra cost being justified compared to a truck with a contractors box setup. I'm glad they work for some of you guys but I have never regretted going the contractor box route.

9. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

It is great, I wish it was the 8611 though. The PT80 moves it in 2 spped all day long.
    The hooklift has almost made out flatdeck trailer obsolete, it is much easier in town without the length of the trailer. For us it also provides a new revenue stream with bins. We already provide services for these builders for landscaping, now we deliver bins long before we would have been on site and continue servicing longer. We arent in the garbage business, just for existing clients.
    The key for us was we also paid 50% of new and the truck only had 60000 kilometers. I wouldn't have one at the full new rate.

10. threeleafllc

Have you ever used a hooklift on a construction site? Not a SWG a real hooklift...It is so much easier to load a can on the ground and unload stone when the can is at ground level..It is just an easier way of doing things.. Just try a hooklift for a day in a real world app and you will never go back..