Anyone use Husqvarna trimmers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NewbieNC, Jul 25, 2006.

1. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

How do Husqvarna trimmers stack up vs Stihl or Echo??? Do they do well in commercial use or are they mosty residential??

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

On par with Stihl for the most part better than Echo for the most part.

I have a 232L that has been bulletproof since 1998, all I have done is change the heads.

As with any manufacture they have good and bad units. They do have trimmers that I would never buy, let us know which one you are looking at and we could tell you a little about it.

I love the 232L and would reccomend it to just about anyone.

3. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Husky is a good unit but Redmax is better. None of you knew that I was going to say that did you?:laugh:

4. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

Well, I started this year...and decided to go with the 125L...thinking it would blow up...and Id have more money by that time to get something better. But the thing runs great...I may have to replace the head...but i love the way it runs...so now...im thinking...if it aint broke dont fix it! What do you know about the 125L??? Also...where can I purchase a replacement head for the 125L?

5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Husky trimmers lack power compared to other premium brands.

We prefer and have used Echo SRM-260S (2601) trimmers for years and they are great. A lot of power, lightweight and they last several years each.

6. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

FALSE!!!! i have a 326L ...has more power then most commercial trimmers that i have...if you are gonna get one I'd get the 326L-LX...(dependent upon if you want a detachable model or not)...best trimmer i have ever had...

7. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

So is a 125L too weak??

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

The 125L is not made by Husky, prolly their worst trimmer. The 326 is very nice and has great power, that is probably the lowest model I would buy from them. The 323L is nice also but I like more power, thats why I went with the 232.

Husky trimmers are not underpowerd from other brands! I have ran about everything out there and that is a false statement.

9. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

Yea I wondered if they actually made it.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

as usual 3rd day is wrong!