Anyone use Inuit's Payroll service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by lego, Feb 11, 2014.

1. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you use Intuit's payroll service? I was thinking doing the 28$ monthly payroll solution which does everything but local tax documents, which I would let my accountant handle.

Thank I read some reviews online that made Intuits payroll look scary as all hell.

Any of you use it to pay your guys?

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

We use it. though the slightly more expensive option that dose all the taxes as well. only use an accountant for the year end stuff. I Don't have any complaints

3. lego

You use the 79$ a month option then. I think I'm going to go with it. My accountant wanted 1,000 a year almost to do payroll. Yuck

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's a $46 dollar difference
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lego

I'm doing the 28$ a month option, not the 79$ sorry that is what I was referring too

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

How much is it going to cost you to figure state taxes out?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lego

The accountant is 1,000$ per year just for myself and one other employee. $50 an hour, which can get expensive depending on employees I would imagine.

8. lego

Quickbooks does federal and state, leaving local for me.

In honesty I don't know. I'm trying to figure out the best priced based solution for me. My current thought is to use intiut for 28$ and have accountant do local & WC with holding, I think breaking it up will save me in the long run. Accountant do $90 an hour for payroll services, they would me it would take about an hour a month for everything with 2 employees, local only with WC paperwork for 2 about 15 - 30 minutes a month.

I don't know, first year doing everything legit. Confused at times.

9. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Maybe you should shop around. The local company I use is $65 a month, 8 months a year. They do literally everything, including issue ing the checks. All I have to do is submit employee hours on friday, and record their pay, state and federal debits, which all come in a nice report from the payroll company.

10. lego

What do you end up paying at tax time?