Anyone use Lesco Eliminate?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Fertboy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

I purchased a gallon of Eliminate to test out on some violets on few lawns. I was using Momentum with little results on violets,just a little curling on stems. What rates would work good for spot treatment with a hand sprayer? Label is .73-1.1 oz per gal. Plan to add a little sticker too.

The temps here are in the upper 70's low 80's right now. I usually cut the rates back when hot, but the weather is fairly mild.

If you have any experience, help would be appreciated.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using the Eliminate LO this season. Even though it isn't labeled for wild violet, it still controls it. It just has to be ht during the right times (now and in the spring). It doesn't do it during the real hot times (nothing really does). You DO have to use a moderate amount of spreader with on those though, since they are so waxy. I see the regular Eliminate is labled for alot more weeds, but the label on the LO just says "and other broadleaf weeds".
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer Lesco Eliminate for most weeds, oxalis, spurge, ground ivy...HOWEVER...I don't like Eliminate LO (Low Odor), because it does not have any triclopyr. Always use the maximum rate, 1.1 ounce per 1000 ft. Always use wetting agent.

In a hand sprayer--I find that I cover about 2000 sq ft per gallon--so mix at 2.2 ounces per gallon.

For violets, I think I agree with Mr Lesco in Denver--use Q4. Drive works best and you get some effect from the other weed killers in the mixture, also.