Anyone use Lesco's Z2 Spreader Sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sunriseturf, Mar 22, 2007.

1. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

Looking to get some feedback from anyone that owns one of these. My tech is having some back trouble using the Permagreens and thought this might be able to help his production. Any feedback would be helpful. I think they go for around 7,000. Anyone looking to sell theirs?

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We bought one a year ago. We began using it spring of 2006.

5 breakdowns last year - minor, and got 'em fixed, but now the spot spray wand does not spray??? Probably something minor.

It sprays really nice with 100% weed kill (lots better than our Perma Greens).

It spreads dry fert about like a walk-behind (no wide pattern that one might hope for) so it's no faster than "hand spraying".

Repair support is questionable as our local LESCO dealer cannot repair. They sent us to a local "independent repair shop". Down time...about one day.

The unit is great for "new sign-ups" with weedy lawns -- beats the heck out of Perma Greens.

Bottom line: I'm glad we have it. We installed foam markers on ours. It's almost a must. Richway Manufacturing I think.

Note: My employee that runs it says he goes over most lawns twice -
    First with the dry fert
    then the weed spray

Advice: spray the perimeter of the lawn first.

Hope this helps.

3. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reponse and will take your advice. How's the 15hp motor on it? Is it enough juice to handle everything you need? How much more productive is it than the permagreens?