1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use less aggressive tire on Lazers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tyler Nash, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Tyler Nash

Tyler Nash LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried to use a tire with less tread on their Lazer Z. I have a Lazer Z HP and I am trearing the hell out of the grass when I turn, even when I turn both tires at the same speed at all times. I just wanted to know if anyone had any better luck with a different tire. Thanks.
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used a Lazer with the newer style tire last Spring and had the same problem.
    My Lazer has the 23 inch tire with a less aggresive tread. I don't have too much problem tearing the grass with them.
    Maybe there is a 24 inch tire similar in style.
    A thread was going last week about buying tires from a company in Iowa, Cedar Rapids Tire? Very large selection.
    Look there...good luck
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

check the numerous posts in the past about this. I put ATV tires on my Bobcat Z because I wasn't getting ENOUGH traction!
    Much of your dilemma may come from your driving style. Not a personal slam, but once you get the technique figured out, you can mow with ATV tires & not tear up the grass.
    It's all in the turn-around. Do a search on turns & tearing up turf, etc.