Anyone use load handler?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by doubleedge, Jun 24, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I was thinking about getting one of these instead of a dump insert to save some money. Has anyone tried one of these?

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

do a search dude. all sorts of topics on here about the LH.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I thought about it. It will scratch the hell out of your tailgate (if you care) is not as durable as the dump insert, nor will it hold more weight. Your looking at two totally different uses for each. A dump insert is far better then a load handler. Your looking at 100.00 vs. 2,000? Big difference. With that being said, a dump trailer was a great investment.

4. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I would be using it to carry a full load (with sides) of grass. I dont think that a full load of grass is over 3000 pounds, is it?

5. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

They work fine but just don't get anything cought on either side of the well wels because it will not work very well. To put it in a nice way if I got it for free i would sell it. spend a few bucks more get an insert or get the kit to convert your bed. to me it scratched my tailgate and you really have to crank hard to get any kind of movement. now I'm talking about the first ones they had out there .

6. GNB

GNB LawnSite Member

I Have The New One.it Works Great For Grass.just Have To Sweep Or Blow Out Bed When Done.when Dumping At Same Time Next To Dump Insert My Load Is On The Ground Faster Then The Dump Insert.but Then You Have To Clean Bed(5 Mins Extra) Time.so Do You Want To Spend $2000-$3000 On Something That You Could Get Done For $200.also The Dump Inserts Weigh A Ton.if You Dont Have The Right Truck That Can Handle Insert, Grass, Plus Trailer You Will Be Going Down The Block Riding A Wheelie

7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

well it's got to be lite what ever you put in it. so other than grass it's not worth it I had one and it didn't do heavy stuff well .

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

the one I have, I also bought the mat to go under it. Works wonders if you'll spray that mat with FLUID FILM before you put the load on it.

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Like some one else said.. If you have a 1/2 ton truck an insert is not a good idea, but rather the load handler will work better. If you have a 3/4 ton or more, then an insert is better.

10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Had on on my 3/4 ton 8' bed. With a load of mulch on, I would have to shovel 1/3 off before it would move(more if it was wet). The shaft would be bowed against the tailgate making it harder to crank. Worked great for fall leafs..............:usflag: