Anyone use MASLABOR for H2b visas

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by STLlawnboy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Has anyone used masLabor.com for h2b visas in the past. Looking into getting work visas for next season, they claim to have passed 451 applications out of 453 for labor certification. I know that doesn't mean they all got wokers because the cap ran out but at least they are getting their applications approved. Any feedback, or other companies you have used with good result.

2. margoatl

margoatl LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I have not tried Mas Labor, but I did try a company in Georgia called Labor Ready (similar to Mas Labor). They can find people for me, but these employees always seem to have issues and we end up letting them go (I guess that's why they are unable to hold a job). Anyway we have given up on that route. We are trying to find an alternative. We really need crew leaders, especially someone who can drive. I'm looking at the H2B program, but its expensive. I'm getting quoted a flat rate of $3500. I would be interested in any feedback as well.

3. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

What company were u give a flat rate of $3500 for, and do you know how many workers that covers? MasLabor is not like Labor Ready, masLabor is a H2b firm that brings in workers on visas not workers who are citizens that are layed off or looking for work. Labor Ready is a staffing agency.

4. margoatl

margoatl LawnSite Member

The Company is called Benouis Law Office and can be found under www.guestworker.com. The number of permits is unlimited. They advertise the flat rate, but then add additional fees per worker which I had not had a chance to look at before now. Those fee's can add up to around 2,000 more dollars per worker. It apparently covers fees for advertising per DOL requirements, Immigration Services, Dept. of Homeland Security fees (This is optional??), Bus Fare from Texas, Consulate Fees, etc....I really don't have any experience with H2B program and am just starting to learn about it.