Anyone use Meg-mo blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carcrz, Jun 26, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious if anyone had any feedback - positive or negative. I was thinking about getting a set & trying them out, but I want to hear if anyone else has tried them first.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Do a serch....Some like them and some don't. Try to run doubles first. If you have enough HP for doubles, then you may have enough for the Meg-Mo. I just ordered a set for my EverRide 27 HP........
  3. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

gene gls let me know How you like the meg mow I have an EVERIDE 25 Kaw
  4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I use them and love them. They're essential in fall. If you mow with them they will be nothing left to rake up. They absolutely powder leaves and debris in the fall.
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Large amounts of leaves?
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Have you tried doubles? My Hustler has a 25 Kawi and not enough power.
  7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We all look at new mowers and everyone will tell how good their mower is but the will not say anything about the thing under the deck that cut the grass. That was made 60 to 70 yrs. ago and has not been change sense. This is why we made the MEG MO blades 15 yrs. ago. Yes we can not please everyone but we are running about 99.6 % happy customers And that is why we can stand behind them like we do. They do work.
  8. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

Try doubles, put Gator Hi-Lifts on top and standard blades or Hi Lifts on the bottom. I have a Hustler Super Mini 52"/25hp kaw and that is the only way I can get rid of the clippings. Power is no problem. Also, if you are really energetic try sharpening the teeth. This works even better.
  9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried double blades on a scag tiger cub with a 48 inch deck and the briggs. How do you keep the blades from moving against each other?
  10. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using Meg-Mos for a couple of years now. I recently ordered my first set of replacement knives. I run them on my tiger cub 48" 19HP Kaw. The don't need sharpening as often as running doubles and the power loss is about the same, not too bad. I run them all year round now and they come in handy when the OCDC is down. Less clumping. Go for it. Roy, you should send me a set of knives if carcrz orders from you.