Anyone use Micro Mulch System?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ztrguy, Apr 14, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I have a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP. I'm wondering if anyone has the Micro Mulch System installed on their Exmark mowers? If so, what kind of blades do you use? Do you use Notched Air Foil, Low Lift, Mulching, or Solid Air Foil blades when using the Micro Mulch System??? What's the best blades to use?

-Thanks

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same machine with the mulch kit installed. I use the mulching blades that come with the kit. It works awesome!

3. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I found that the exmark mulching blades work the best. Tried gator type blades and didn't like them at all. I do sometimes use a bahia blade that my exmark dealer sells. They are a solid high lift blade with an extended cutting edge. Great quality of cut but don't mulch as good as the exmark wavy mulching blades. To much blow out.

4. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Exmark mulching blades give the best results

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ztrguy,

Most people use the blades specifically designed for our Micro Mulch System. They're the blades with all the funky angles that come with our mulch kit. In the Fall, some cutters will use Gator Blades with our kit when they are almost exclusively mulching leaves. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, use it on my metro 36 and i love it. some people have also reported good results with the exmark excalibur blades as well.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the mulching kit on my 48" lazer hp with good-great results. Works best on grass mowed at lower heights, above 3" it starts to leave more stringers and not look as uniform, but still does ok if you slow down. I use the stock mulching kit blades.

I use a similar kit on a 32" deck wb and it does great, even handling moderately tall/wet grass ok.

I will never bag clippings again. mowed frequently and in proper conditions, it gives a look nearly as good as bagging in much less time and with much less mess. Mulching has come a long way since I tried it 10 years ago.

But try it on your type of grass. I'm sure results vary by region.

8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

on the walkbehind, metro anyway, you can change the number of washers between the blade and spindle to get a better cut with the stringy weeds. i have mine set with 3 between the blade and spindle and one on top of the pulley.