Anyone Use Micro Mulch System?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Apr 14, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I have a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP. I'm wondering if anyone has the Micro Mulch System installed on their Exmark mowers? If so, what kind of blades do you use? Do you use Notched Air Foil, Low Lift, Mulching, or Solid Air Foil blades when using the Micro Mulch System??? What's the best blades to use?

-Thanks

2. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm picking up my Lazer hp tomorrow. Getting the micro mulching kit, ultra vac & striping kit too. Hope it's all everyone says it is!

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I use it on my (S)Exmark, and I love it!!

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a turf tracer and a lazer hp, both have micro mulch kit. I use the wavy(~~~) blades that come with the mulch kit. Does a superb job. I don't use the mulch kit in the spring with the heavy growth though. Some have said they use the gator mulching blades, but I don't know.

5. Emerald

Emerald LawnSite Member

We have 5 Exmarks 2- 60 1 -52 1 -48 & 1 -44 all have Mulching on them we mow 435 patio homes and 103 outher accounts and mulch everyone we LOVE the way it works we use Exmarks mulching blads will never go back to side discharg mowing or bagging again.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ::angel: :angel: :angel: :blob3: :blob4: :blob3: :blob4: :blob1: :blob3: :blob4: :blob4: :blob3: :blob1: :alien:

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have the mulch kit on my Turf Tracer and it does a great job. I use the wavy mulchers that come with the kit. You need to use blades with low lift or you will get lots of blowout, since the air really has nowhere to go.

7. deason

deason LawnSite Member

I agree with everyone else. The mulch kit is a good one and does a excellent job. I use the mulch blades like the ones that come in the kit.

However, you will not be please with the results if you run it on 2 week lawns and weedy lawns. If you are not cutting thick grass such as bermuda, zoysia, and others, you will find that the side discharge works and does a good job.