Anyone use one of these?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Harry0, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Don't use one but interesting concept.

3. By the time you have broken out your fabulous flushing POS..I have flushed the zone and installed the nozzles.

Great idea....who has time for it?

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Change your name from SprinklerGuy to CrankyGuy!

I agree, another tool I'd use a couple times, then get lost in the bottom of my tool box. Not worth it to me.

5. LOL.....CrankySprinklerGuy?

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I looked at them on their site a few weeks ago and got the same impression. You'd use it a few times and decide it was more effort than it was worth. Of course I have stuff like that, things that are bought and rarely used. Also, looks like the allen wrench is seperate, so that would be the first thing to get lost.

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have two of them - the guy that was initially marketing them sent me those for a try out.
    They work all right - especially when you have multiple sprays on one section and you want to flush them all at once. It is handy to reach down to extend the retracted riser for nozzle installation.
    I will say that when we hit a 100*F - which was yesterday - we don't mind getting doused while flushing sections :).
    I wouldn't buy one but I don't mind having those two either.

8. PurpHaze

On new spray zones there should already be flush caps on the sprinklers.

We spent the day going through a large parking lot area of one of our high schools. If the riser retracts for some reason we just screw the Toro extractor into it, pull it up and put a spare flush cap on it. Then we can stand back, fire the controller via remote, blow the debris out and put a fresh filter and nozzle on the sprinkler. :hammerhead:

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We don't use the toro 570's, but on the RB 1804's you can pull the riser up with the handy leatherman your supposed to always have on you :)

10. PurpHaze

And if you forget your handy leatherman you should put a Toro 570 in instead? :rolleyes: