Anyone use "Paversearch"

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Total Landscape Solutions, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Anyone use paversearch.com for leads or exposure?

Any thoughts on the site, good, bad, indifferent?

As a contractor I have seen their ads in the trade magazines, but I have yet to meet a Mr. and Ms. homeowner that has ever even heard of the site. It's a little pointless if the contractors are the largest group of people that know of it's existence.

2. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

yeah, no kidding. I'm one of those contractors. I'm on this foolish program for 3 years now, and I haven't gotten one job. Probably about 3 leads, and they were all tire kickers. It's part of my website. It comes free because I have some company called Digital Imaging that does my website for me. It costs me $99 per month, and I don't get anything but the website. I'm gonna cancel.

Don't anybody do it. It's not worth it.

3. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

We work with a website that gives references and you they give the lead to 3 companies only in your industry and if you land the job you pay 5%. So on those jobs we add the 5% into the overhead cost. We landed a few jobs with this service last year and got about 4-5 quality leads a month. I'm not giving up the name of the one I use, but if you spend a little time researching online references in your area, I'm sure you'll have some luck.

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

last time I read the terms and conditions it is a 12 mth contract but if you cancelled you owed them for the balance of the 12 mth contract still left.
    Its a great business model though....1000 landscapers at $100 per mth. Do the math.

5. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

I'll give you guys a tip that helped us... call a local real estate company (especially higher end realtors). Ask them where they get their quotes from or who they recommend to their potential buyers and sellers. We found the customers that move often for their jobs use these sites to screen contractors which is great if you're an upstanding company. You know the customer is a serious buyer b/c they paid for the site's service and they know you're a qualified installer.

6. csl

csl LawnSite Member

yeah, we almost got suckered into joining one of those services. they wanted 10% of every referal. they ended up going out of business pretty quick. and good point on the real estate part. 4 of the 5 top realtors built new homes here in the past 3 years, and we ended up getting those 4 jobs just by staying in contact with them. we advertised the curb appeal part of landscaping to these realtors and they would contact us to do some remodel or cleanup to help sell a home faster. when it came time for new construction or remodel, we were the first on their list.

7. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Horrible horrible horrible site. I was a pay buy the lead customer, only they never had any leads. I think the site is difficult to navigate and doesn't specifically guide the potential customer to post thier project. There are many lead generations sites out there. I prefer low priced pay by the lead or pay by the month with a cancel at anytime program. All of the lead sites will have tire kickers. You will spend much more time doing estimates but you will also be exposing yurself to more potential business. The best thing to do is to try to weed out people on the phone or in the first five minutes of your conversation. Then you will know if they are serious. Whats the job? and what are they willing to pay? Budget? I'll look at a job and ask a customer what there budget is. If they look at me like I have 5 heads and say they have no idea then I know its most likely a waste of time. From there I'll ball park a quote, 10k, 20k whatever it may be, and straight up ask them if that would be a number we could work with? If they back down im on to the next estimate.

8. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone try ******************?

9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

I use landscape leads too. They are ok they usta be better. I get maybe one or two good jobs outta them a year.

10. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

do u get to pick the leads that u want?