Anyone use PDAS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape, May 6, 2008.

1. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys use a PDA to log your accounts each day... service calls..etc? If so can you download to your computer each night or week? Just need some input because our month end billing takes 7 hours!!!
  2. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

i made an excel spreadsheet in google documents, and use my motorola q to edit them on the fly, simple and sweet
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a Samsung i-760 through Verizon.

I can get my email, make calls, surf the internet, whatever I want to do.

Also, if you're running quickbooks, there's programs you can download for free onto your phone, some pay like $30, but it'll download all the accounts from quickbooks into your phone.

Then as you're on the go, you can do whatever invoicing, enter receipts from the gas station, purchases onto your phone, then when you get home at night, plug the phone into the computer and it sychronizes automatically.
  4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using a Toshiba E-800 for years. I put everything in Pocket Excel
    and then sync to the desk top. Then the wife enters it in Quickbooks every morning before I leave. I am ready to go with schedule and invoices for the day.
  5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

haha i do the exact same thing! i have all my customers in a datbase in excel that automatically adds up the monthly costs so i know what to bill for each customer. and i also have en estimating matrix that i enter quantitities and delivery prices and it enters labor and gives me job cost.

i wanted to do this on-site so i bought a new moto Q last week and i can do everything from there now, its really slick.

if you buy the office mobile pack for like 50 bucks on windows mobile website, it gives you full excell functionality instead of just one sheet at a time like sheet to go does. as well as word mobile, powerpoint mobile etc...