1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Qicksilver on Morning Glory?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mowerdave, Jul 30, 2007.

1. mowerdave

mowerdave LawnSite Member

I have been fighting Morning Glory in English Ivy beds. Pull it and it keeps coming back. I read in a brochure that Quicksilver would control this. Wondered if it would discolor or kill the Ivy. Anyone ever try this before?
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would look at the Lontrel label or call Lesco and ask them.

I sprayed about 4k of an ornamental Ivy with Lontrel that had poison ivy all through it and it smoked it!

Quicksilver is HOT, but I am not sure if it would take out the IVY or not. I would think so myself as it does a number or ground ivy and wild violet for me in lawns.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Help is on the way. You can use "Drive". Take a careful look at the label. Look under "Broadleaf Weeds Controlled" . You will find Drive controls bindweed and wild morning glory, plus various types of clover. Include a surfactant like methylated seed oil or crop oil.