Anyone Use QuickBooks Pro?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NELawnCare, Mar 19, 2007.

1. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I'm a relatively new startup. I recently purchased QuickBooks Pro 2007. It's seems to be excellent software. I was wondering how to account for all the purchases I made on my own money since it seems that you must enter a bill then a method of payment (bank account transaction). Anyone have experience?
  2. you can go into the check register and record them.
  3. Ruben Rocha

Ruben Rocha LawnSite Senior Member

You will need to enter them as capital investments. You should have an accountant help you set them up.
  4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

skip that extra step just pay bills enter bills out of check register. For cash purchses I list them as a withdrawl. QB is great but it takes a month or so of use then you will be floored at what you can do! My all time best purchase ever payroll taxes record keeping billing accounting
  5. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

I studied software design in highschool and built a program that saves me a TON of time at the end of the month when it comes to billing, but sometimes I think QuickBooks would have been easier. Do you guys like it?
  6. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I think it's great software. It's just the initial install and setting up all the accounts correctly. Once that is done, the product does everything for you. Awesome stuff!
  7. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the software. Find an accountant who is Quickbooks certified. Have them setup the software for you. they will give you an hour training. You will be good to go.