Anyone use Rack Em grass catchers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNGrassCutter, Oct 24, 2011.

1. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at getting one for my Scag WB to pick up leaves mainly on a few small properties? How well do they hold up for occasional use?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TNGrassCutter

Nobody? Better price than Accelerator.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Rack em makes a good bagger for the money.

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah I got a brand new, "used" for 150. Haven't got to use it much but they look well built for the money. They look a lot like the "grass gobbler" so if you used those, the rack em is pretty much built the same way.

5. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one for my Scag VRide and its a solid product but even when its empty it is SOOO heavy and thats the only down fall for me and the guys. Otherwise its a great bagger and holds together

6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I pick mine up tomorrow for my scag wb as well. Let you know what I think

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have one for my WB. i dont use it much but its pretty sturdy and well built

8. TNGrassCutter

That's something else I was wondering how much they weigh empty? I couldn't find it on their website.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TNGrassCutter

Oh well, guess ill see how I like it in a week or so. I ordered one yesterday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TNGrassCutter

Well I got mine in yesterday. First off it's not near as heavy as I thought it would be, I was really surprised. It was very easy to install, it took me maybe 15 minutes start to finish. It fits my discharge opening perfectly too. I didn't get to use it yet because of rain today, but I did pick up a few leaves with it in my own yard between showers and it cleaned them up very well. I think it is going to work for what I want. And it looks like it is built well and will hold up.

bracket.jpg

catcher1.jpg

catcher2.jpg