Anyone use RB U-series nozzles?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bblawncare, May 15, 2008.

1. bblawncare

bblawncare LawnSite Member

They look good on paper to me, but just wondered if anyone has actually used them and if they are as advertised.

Happy Friday Eve to everyone!!:dancing:

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I started using them a couple of years ago when they came out, they work great. Only problem here is they are never in stock.

That being said I have yet to see any "blue" PGP nozzles in my area either, nor can I locate any (blue lock ??) fittings to try

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have enough issues with the ordinary RB nozzles to want to stock more varieties of them. Forty-odd is enough.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Few yrs back I switched to nothing but vans andsst,cst and est. Yes I do know vans look like shhit when opened full circle but we never use a full circle spray head.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I still see some instances of incorrectly set VAN arcs, and wonder if there was a 'drift' or whether it was never correct to begin with. The smallest nozzles can't be duplicated by VANs, so far as flow goes, but they are not so commonly used.

6. I suspected you were a VAN MAN when you stated in another post you just replace rather than clean. Don't have to tote a very big nozzle tray with vans.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh that makes absolute sense now. VAN nozzles are the worst in my opinion. The spray pattern is always getting fouled up and the customers call and complains about that little crap. I have seen too many guys try using all VANS, and they actually put out more water than a fixed spray. I have had zones with all VANs not come up fully, but when I change to fixed sprays it magically works.

Back to the question though. I use the U-series all the time. When we went to water restrictions of 2 days back in 2002, we found where all the other contractors had made bad designs. Weak or no head-to-head coverage. and the U-series helped us out a ton without redesigning the systems. Always in stock here. Order them online if your supplier won't stock them.

8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Just re-nozzled a front yard zone that had almost all 15 vans where there should have been 12' fixed arc's. HUGE difference with the right nozzles.

Zone went from about 20 gpm's to just about 11. Heads actually pop up all the way and spray further. Now that I'm doing just irrigation work, I can't believe all the crap that has past for an irrigation system over the years.
    Just mindboggling.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Now you feel my pain brotha. :dizzy:

10. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I do.

And, I'll have stories to tell when I'm in the alzheimers home for retired sprinkler tech's