Anyone use Scott's Rotary Pro Spreader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daren, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know if anyone uses the Scott's Rotary Pro Spreader? Lowe's here has them on clearance for $99.00. I cant hardly afford one from Lesco right now. Besides will eventually use Liquid mostly. Just wanted to see if anyone had and opinion about them. Also the Agri-Fab push rotary. It is the same price for the 100 lb version.

2. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Is that model galvanized or plastic/steel?? I have one set aside in my bookmarks that is galvanized and runs about 100 bucks. My Scotts rotary's last 2 years and seize up whether I wash them or not.
  3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Does it have pneumatic tires? The hard plastic wheels may not go flat, but they work you to death. The one Shindaiwa dealers sell is pretty good and about the same price.
  4. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I bought this same spreader last spring at Lowes. I paid $136.00 for it. It has 10" air filled tires and pushes very easy. It took a few times using it to get the settings right for the amount of material to come out right. I think that you are getting a good deal at $99 bucks. I would buy another one in a New York minute. Great spreader.
    Good Luck,
  5. earthandturf

earthandturf LawnSite Member

The Scotts Lawnservice division uses Scotts model SR-2000. I have used this and it works very well but is expensive. Call 1-800-543-0006 and they will direct you to a dealer near you who carries this model.