Anyone use servies to promote your business on google?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 5, 2009.

1. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

wow. It's a rip IMO. It sounds like you biz adress needs to be adjusted...

Just go to maps.google.com type in "lawn care [your city and state]" and hit enter. Find your company and click it. In the little info box that comes up on the map click edit. There you can do what they are talking about on your own for free. Get familiar with it. Add your website URL.

I think Yahoo has a similar business listing engine.

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right...Mapping can and should be done by yourself for free on every search engine (google, yahoo, msn, aol, etc...) The adwords is where they can effectively market your business.

www.localbiznow.com

Trevor

3. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I maintain 2 sites right now, and am about to publish my site.

1. NEVER NEVER NEVER type in SEO on Google then use ANY of the services that come. ESPECIALLY if they promise to get you on the 1st page. What they will do is use their Google AdWords account, put you on the front page via an ad send you an email with that pic and thats it. You have LOST your $$$. Trust me I've been scammed there before.

2. There is legitimate ways to get your site ranked higher. Use backlinking(i.e. putting your link on other sites) And other various methods.

I know some people who do SEO(Search Engine Optmization) and are very good and reasonably priced. If you want there contact info, just PM me.