Anyone use Square Up Credit Card reader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetland, Jan 2, 2012.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

http://law.onecle.com/florida/regul...e-investments-and-solicitations/501.0117.html

Need I say more. Like I said some states don't allow it.

2. dlawncompany

dlawncompany LawnSite Member

I may be wrong but I am 99 percent positive that you can't charge the customer the credit card fee. Atleast not in nebraska. You can try rewording it by saying its someother fee.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

there is an option to charge them tax so you could always add that in there to try and bump up the charge

4. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

wrong. my cc procssor recemended it to recope fees after they jacked up all my fees. i hope square up puts cc processors out of buisness. every time i pay with cc over the phone i get charged a fee.

5. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

Thank goodness I dont live in Florida....I was scared there for a minute!

6. Redbud

Redbud LawnSite Member

I think the best thing is we can offer more for our customers.

7. ChuckPMi

ChuckPMi LawnSite Member

8. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you guys are interviewing your customer properly before you give them a bid, you can always ask how they will be paying. Adjust your prices accordingly for the job. But whatever you do, don't add a surcharge for using a credit card. If it's a $200 job who cares? 10 grand is a different story.

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have the phone swipe one and works great. I give the customers a 3% cash discount. And I no longer take checks from anyone its cash or card only.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ChuckPMi

ChuckPMi LawnSite Member

My chimney sweep company told me last month that there would be a 3% surcharge if I paid by credit card. They accepted checks but had a hard time with cash because they didn't always have change. I am in Michigan.