Anyone use synthetic hydrualic oil???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AmsoilPower, Dec 22, 2007.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

What kind do you use. Would it be beneficial to use Amsoil synthetic oil?

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh great, here we go again.

I think you might actually be turning people OFF to Amsoil products....

3. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

This is a forum to discuss and maybe argue opinions? I asked for opinions and have gotten them. Believe it or not, most have been very good towards Amsoil. If people are turned off they don't need to reply and they can "ignore" me. My intent is to inform everyone of the benefits Amsoil has to offer. Yes, I am a independent dealer of Amsoil and I fronted alot of $$$$ to sponsor a forum here. I will get my $$$ worth of opinions and have fun w/ it. We are all in business here. :usflag:

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I used Amsoil in dirt bikes but that's it. I do not believe the "change your oil once every 10K miles" or whatever that spiel is for cars/trucks. Fact of the matter is, I don't believe there is any advantage to running synthetic hydraulic fluid. You're changing it every 1,000 hours anyway and if you don't you're risking quite a bit, let alone if you have a machine with a warranty they absolutely will not stand behind you if you don't follow service intervals.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen a claim that synthetic hydro oil runs cooler and I don't see how it's possible.
    Does anyone has an explanation or experienced it?
    Is synthetic dissipating heat quicker than regular oil?
    It would be worth considering if its true, I think.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I use whatever oil the dealership/mechanic throws in, that way if something goes wrong.........."yo' fault" is the name of my Insurance carrier.

7. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Good answer! :laugh:

8. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

On my Deere skid steer the hydraulics, case and engine all take motor oil. I use Rotella T. I have heard good things about Amsoil along with Lucas Oil. It all is just too expensive for me to afford.

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I think Bobcat turned off a lot of people by requiring Bobcat brand hydro oil. Doesn't Bobcat use Rexroth pumps? Does Rexroth require only Bobcat oil in every application? I doubt it. I think a lot of claims are made by a lot of oil companies. Truth of the matter is, the first and only time I ran a synthethic on a technicians advice, I had major component damage but maybe that was a fluke.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I am a big believer in Amsoil products. I run them in my pickups and trucks and in my excavator. I don't use the hyd. fluid just not as convienent. I think there are advantages to it, I have not had a reason to switch to it. The other issue is when you blow a hose it is much more expensive than it already is.