Anyone use Tanaka Trimmers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr. Burns, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Mr. Burns

Mr. Burns LawnSite Member

Buying new equipment and would like to know about Tanaka's reliability and ease of use. Are they quiet?? low maintenance and are they priced like the Stihls/Shindys/Echos??

Would like to try something new but it needs to be easy to start, maintain, and if it's quieter than my old Ryobi, then I'm in!!! Would also like to edge with it.

Help!!!! :dizzy:
  2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh my, they are the best equipment around. Low weight, high power, smooth.
  3. Mr. Burns

Thanks Ray!! I just want a little feedback on them. Everything I have read sounds positive and I just want to know if they are reliable and easy to start. I might swing by the local dealer later today or tomorrow and check there prices. Do they make any aroun 250-320 bucks??
  4. naturescape

I just bought one for $250 or so. It's the TBC-230.
  5. Mr. Burns

Do you like it?? Hows does it run and start??
  6. naturescape

Have not received it yet. But I'm expecting it to run like all the other Tanaka equipment I've used -- great.
  7. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

I bought 2-2110 models 2 years ago and have had great luck with them. I paid $210.00 each and I think the price is still the same. I will buy the same when these wear out.
  8. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I use a tanaka TBC-230 for back up. Only thing I can compare it to is Kawasaki or Stihl 4 mix. In order it would be Kawasaki, Tanaka, Stihl. Both Kawasaki and Tanaka light weight. Kawasaki seems to be more balanced and may be longer never measured them. Power is ok, it starts on the 1or 2 pull even when not used for awhile.
  9. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Tanaka is decent equipment but they have major parts supply problems in my area.

There are not many dealers left in my area due to the lack of parts/service support.

If you are looking for a major step up from Ryobi and want to spend around $200 try the SRM-210 from Echo. Very nice trimmer for the money and great dealer support. Redmax makes great stuff as well.
  10. capitallandscapes

capitallandscapes LawnSite Member

Have used Shindaiwa, Tanaka, and Stihl. Can't go wrong with the Shindaiwa. Tanaka is much more reliable than Stihl. My Stihls are always having problems so they don't get much use anymore even though they are like new.