Anyone use the Bluebird pull behind lawn comber?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Mar 27, 2004.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Looking to buy one, but did a search and found nothing on this model. I have the walk behind and really like it. Any help is appreciated. I posted a thread on this about 6 months ago and nobody had one.

Anyone?
    MATT

2. walker-talker

from Midwest

Opps, here is a picture!!!

small_lawncomber_d110_1[1].gif

3. walker-talker

from Midwest

Nobody has used this dethatcher???^^^

4. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I've used that one in the past.
    I tow it behind my smaller Z-master on larger de-thatching jobs with no problems.
    Works nice and does a good job.The one i use i rent from another lawn care outfit near me for a good price. :)

Dan

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, I forgot about these units! They are cool, although, I've never seen one work before. Do the tines go backwards, or forward on them?

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

They are counter rotating, unlike the push model. There is a $300 difference between the model with 5hp B&S engine and the 5.5hp Honda engine. Of course, the Honda engine being more expensive. I have had great success with other power equipment with the small honda engine and more than likely go with this engine.

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

I am digging up this year old thread because there are many new members on here and I would be interested to hear some opinions on this unit. Although I seldom recommend dethatching fescue, I have a lot of request for it in the spring. I am never happy with the job it does. By that, I mean with the smaller bluebird model, it uses flail type blades rather than tines. This unit pictured uses tines and I feel would be less damaging to lawns. It would also be quicker since it's a pull behind unit and much wider.

Anyone?

Thanks
    Matt

8. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I haven't used the bluebird pull behind, but I just got an Easy Rake from my wife's grandfather. It looks just like the Bluebird ( same co.?). I only have used it in my front yard, but could not believe how much it pulled up. I plan on starting to list this as a service now that I have it. If you happen to know the web site if you could post it it would be great.
    Chris

9. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

I do not use that model I have one that goes on my 4440 JD its huge. We use it for big places that we go to seed when we finish running the soil finisher. We only use it on 5 ac or more due to the size. I would be interested also I know someone around here that has one I will ask him about it soon.