1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the cub cadet 33" mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by detroitjoker, Feb 8, 2008.

1. detroitjoker

detroitjoker LawnSite Member

Hello all,

Does anyone have any input for the cub cadet 33" mower? I am looking to do mostly residential my first year, but I would like to be able to bid small commercail jobs as well? Price wise, this mower seems to beat all the other 30+" mowers on the market. Any input or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I dont think it's what you need.....

I dont have any experance with them...but from what I know they dont hold up
  3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one similar to the Cub 33", MTD makes these mowers for a couple diffrent brands. Mine is used for my smaller yards and as a back-up to my bigger WB. It has plenty of power and mulches OK, never had any problems with it, but I am the only one using it though. If you plan on buying a better mower down the line as you grow, this should last you a season, then you can use the it as your back up mower. I bought mine as a backup and wanted something for my smaller properties and all the other 32" mowers were in the 1500-2000 range. No way I was paying that for such a small mower. If you have no plans of buying another mower though, you might want to look for a used commercial machine.
  4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one at an auction for $220 that was almost new. I would not use it as a main mower. For me it serves its purpose, about 20 small backyards with 36" gates. I also would not pay $1100 for it, it really is a glorified self propelled push mower. Your better off looking at something like a quick 36
  5. detroitjoker

detroitjoker LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys! Ironically, I did read after this post, that the cub cadet 33 is a glorified residential machine and likely would not hold up. I did have my eye on a quick 36, but no dealers around here. I think I will settle with a used 30 plus inch commercial from a dealer. Thanks again!
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Get a "real" mower. Something like...a 36" WB of whatever brand.
  7. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

The quick machines are not sold in any stores. They are purchased and shipped to you. Tons of great things on this site about them.
  8. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

you can only buy a quick direct from the factory, unless you can find one used. i'm thinking about getting one too, everyone on here seems to like them.
  9. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

looks like you beat me to it, i guess i should read the whole thread before i weigh in huh?
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That would help !!