anyone use the Kubota ZD-Pro ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greensmaster, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Greensmaster

Greensmaster LawnSite Member

I've been considering one, after looking over their brochure. I originally wanted the Kubota outfront 72" rotary w/ 4 wheel drive, but now I'm wondering if the ZTR would be up to the task of the hills and some pretty long, junky grass. Any input appreciated.;)

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Once again, do a search for Kubota. The new ZD was discussed about 2 weeks ago. :usflag:

3. Nu-Look

Nu-Look LawnSite Member

All depends what type of mowing you are doing, i have a diesel ztr that climbs hills like a champ, but if the grass is wet it breaks free coming back down, a 4Wd front mount would be better for that.You will give up speed & quick turarounds at the end of each pass with a front mount, but if you have a lot of very low trees you can stick the mower head in under them while still keeping your head attached to your body.

4. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

We run a old gf 1900 front mount .It has a rear mount dump hopper with pto blower . 4wd is a must for us .It uaually runs 6hrs per day for bagging .good points ; 4wd,easy mount blower,wonderfull for leaf clean up . bad points ; have to replace poly shell for blower about ounce every 2 years, when they get older they will get a little slack in the steering system ,not quite as manuverable around tree branchs with hopper on .If the old dog was die this spring ,we would get newer front to replace it .W also run a zd21 ,about 4 years old . hauls 250 lbs all day everyday.I remember changing two tires and a starter relay switch.the pto shaft on the front mount has a built in clutch .nice to have for those hidden treasures a guy may find a couple times a year.

5. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

We run a old gf 1900 front mount .It has a rear mount dump hopper with pto blower . 4wd is a must for us .It uaually runs 6hrs per day for bagging .good points ; 4wd,easy mount blower,wonderfull for leaf clean up . bad points ; have to replace poly shell for blower about ounce every 2 years, when they get older they will get a little slack in the steering system ,not quite as manuverable around tree branchs with hopper on .If the old dog was die this spring ,we would get newer front to replace it .W also run a zd21 ,about 4 years old . hauls 250 lbs all day everyday.I remember changing two tires and a starter relay switch.the pto shaft on the front mount has a built in clutch .nice to have for those hidden treasures a guy may find a couple times a year.