Anyone use these mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryan Lightning, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Price seems cheap because this product is cheaply made. This unit is for "home owner's" use, not commercial. Look to Exmark for a good commercial mower.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw one for sale in front of a RV business. He had maybe 2 acres to mow. It was 1 year old and the plastic parts which most of the outside shell is was really a bad faded orange color. The guy says the speed for mowing is like a steady walk and that is it. He bought a Kabota I believe and wanted to sell it. Asking 2000. They sale them at Feldmans (a chain feed,hardware type store) if they have one in your area. I wouldn't but one.
  4. pfm

pfm LawnSite Member

Have used an Airens 1440 ZTR on my own 5 acres for the last 5 years. A deck hanger broke off this spring. Replaced under warranty (5yr warranty on older models, 2yrs on new models... what does that tell you?). Biggest problem is the cut. It is terrible. Almost always have to double cut. Wouldn't recommend to a home owner, let alone commercial. I'll be getting a Hustler-Z or Lazer-Z in the near future.
  5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan Ariens owns Gravely.

He would be the first to tell you this is not a commercial machine.

These are sold at the Gravely dealer here in my town and they discourage commercial use.

It is in the same price category as Craftsman. Probably better than Craftsman, but not much better.

It is very lightweight. Look at the total weight of 600 lbs, that should tell you a lot. Most commercial ZTR's start at 1000 lbs.