1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use this ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by blk90s13, Apr 14, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If money is an issue, then you can go buy a cheap dump trailer or rent a dump trailer for the day from a local rental house. Heck, even some dump trailers can haul close to 5-6 tons legally. The advantage is that you don't have to have another truck, and there should be brakes on the dump trailer. The load is also distributed and only putting appropriate weight on the tongue and hitch.

Even with my C3500HD, GVWR with (15kgvwr)16K plates, I can only haul 3.5 tons at a time. I'm even considering a dump trailer as a supplement and then put 2 tons on the truck and whatever on the dump trailer to stay under CDL range.

Good job on splitting the load. Thumbs Up Better safe than sorry. Like I said, I might have been a jerk, but I know there is a lot of guys out there who don't think twice about over-loading a truck. 1500's, 2500's, F150's,250's etc. (even SRW 350's 3500's) Those trucks might have the same drive line as some bigger trucks, but the frames aren't as beefy, the gearing ratio is different, and the disc brakes are smaller.