1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Transfer Flow tanks for refueling equipment?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HenryB, Feb 25, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

These transfer tanks are legal for gasoline. They go in the back of pickups like other transfer tanks but are legal for gasoline. Sure beats 5 gal. gas cans. I priced them at about $700 for a 70 gallon tank.
  2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Sky King

Sky King LawnSite Member

I have a 50 Gal, with a electric pump that runs off my truck bat. it works real well, Got it at tractor supply, Pump tank and all about $500.00 last year
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

My needs are smaller, but I want to have a pump or ???? to move smaller amounts of gasoline from can to can, e.g. 6.5 gal can to 2.5 gal cans. Somebody gave me a few old cans for boat fuel -- they are good to transport, but I can't pour out of them. The cans are metal, solid and clean (used them the past two seasons). I've tried a siphon hose, and it works, but not always without spillage. I've tried the small siphon pump often used for kerosene, but it only works when the supply can is quite full.

I see barrel pumps, intended for 50 gal drums, but they are too big. Anybody know of something smaller that is a manual pump; I don't care about the labor to turn (push/pull) a pump.
  5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

saw a manual pump that fits on a standard 5 gal. think it was thru Northern Tool.