Anyone use/try out Echo's new HC-165/185 Hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by magbarn, Apr 11, 2008.

1. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

My cheapie homelite (POS) trimmer is about worn out and I'm looking mostly at Shindy's DH2510 C4 (I have a C4 trimmer/lawn edger which I like), I was dead-set on the Shindy until I saw Echo's HC-165 it's about a lbs lighter, but I'm kinda concerned as my dealer doesn't have a demo unit and this board tends to poo-poo the HC-150. I'm mainly looking for decent power and smoothness with little vibration (which my homelite had neither.)

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have HC-151, works pretty good.

You mensioned light weight, you should check out Stihl hedge trimmer, they are light.:waving:

3. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I checked both out at my local dealer and ended up getting the Echo HC-165 for $415 plus tax. I just used on my own hedge and the anti-vibration really works, it's smooth as butta. My fingers used to get numb/tingly after using the homelite for more than 5 minutes. The Echo won me over the shindy since it's noticeably lighter, no valves to adjust, cheaper, anti-vibration, and adjustable rear handle. I think the shindy would've been quieter though as my T2510 trimmer is quieter than my SRM-210.