Anyone use Vistaprint?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Townhouse Yards, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Thanks for all the replies guys. I happen to like vistaprint. Maybe not for everything, but I do like their business cards. I decided not to use them for flyers, I am not doing any flyers. I decided to focus more on word of mouth marketing and online marketing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AmazingLawns

AmazingLawns LawnSite Member
    from US

I have not tried their flyers. We tried some of their other products out when we were a new company and on a budget and it was kind of hit or miss. Some of their products are decent and others are almost unusable. I recommend ordering a small quantity to test them out first and order early enough before you need them that if they don't turn out as you expected, you still have time to order from another company. We ordered post cards from them several years ago that were decent. Their t-shirts were not usable in my opinion, but only a small quantity was ordered as we tested out several different companies for t-shirts well enough before lawn season started, we still had time to make a decision on who to use. We ended up going with a local company for shirts and caps. We have not used Vista Print recently, so I don't know if their quality has changed or improved since we last used them. If you do decide to use them for flyers, please let us know how they turn out!

3. AmazingLawns

AmazingLawns LawnSite Member
    from US

Good luck! :)

4. True-Cut Landscaping

True-Cut Landscaping LawnSite Member

What do printed t-shirts usually cost? I'm thinking of using a local business.

5. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Vista print shirts start at $12. Polos are $20. I would go with a local business. I still have yet this year to get mine printed. I was going to use vista print for shirts, but i am going locally because it will be cheaper.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I used queensboro and sod uniforms.

Will not recommend sod uniforms
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The shirts I got from VistaPrint a few years back didnt last a month before they got holes in them and tore, I'm using a local company my buddy (a fellow LCO) works at on the side, their shirts are way thicker and have lasted a whole season so far.

As for printed products, I like VistaPrint, they offer what I want at a decent price. Their vehicle magnets are rather iffy though, I decided to get some last season and they never flew off the truck like I was worried about but this winter I noticed they started peeling, not the printing but some type of coating (assuming some type of UV protection) Granted...I didn't listen to them saying to take them off every two weeks and clean them.