1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use volt fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mr. Midwest, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Mr. Midwest

Mr. Midwest LawnSite Member

These guys advertise everywhere and im wondering how many people use them and what your experiences were like? Also what fixtures in particular do you use them for different applications?

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Why would i use a knockoff fixture that is sold to everyone and their mother for 15 dollars?

Cant wait to see their fixtures end up in dollar stores by 2015
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I have installed many Volt fixtures. They are basic, no frill fixtures. However, they are rugged. I have yet to have a failure in 2 years.

4. S&MLL

Solar lights from home depot dont fail in 2 years either

Doesnt mean i would use them
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to the conference? Let's discuss this over the first round, I buy.

6. S&MLL

Although ive had tons of fun in buckhead i will not be there for aolp. Visit dauntees pirate ship place of you want some
    Good stew.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. S&MLL

Actually i might have to go down google tells me the place
    Might close. Its a pirate ship inside a building with a moat with an real alligator. Weirdest place ive ever been to and its
    Pretty close to where you are staying. Its about 2 block walk from marta station. Its worth a visit
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mr. Midwest

Mr. Midwest LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. Since i am in a small market i target both high end and middle class customers. Not everyone of my customers can afford some of the more elite systems. I am looking for a fixture to make avaiable to customers that will accomodate their budgets. I know you all install high end high quality products but i am just looking for options.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

No matter which brand of fixtures you are thinking of using, keep in mind the necessity of proper electrical listings. There is just far too much product being sold (from a variety of sources) that does not carry the appropriate listings. You as a professional installer must be certain that the components you are installing are properly inspected and listed. If they are not, you could find yourself in a situation where your insurance is void and you are liable for anything that might happen to the system you have installed. Even if nothing ever comes of it (safety wise) if your local electrical inspectors find unlisted product being installed they can take action against you.

10. Terradek

Terradek LawnSite Member

James, good advice to all...in fact that is one of the points that I will making when I cover UL and NEC at conference. See you there.