1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use www.stenspartsdirect.com?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by olde_blue, Jul 2, 2013.

1. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

I was shopping for some replacement V-belts, and I came across the website http://www.stenspartsdirect.com/. They seem to have good prices, but I can't find any reviews or bbb report, so I am reluctant to order. Does anyone have any experience with them?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know you could order direct from them but I do know that other companies like JDThomas gets parts from them.
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would imagine that is correct. Stens, and J.Thomas are both owned by Ariens.

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like there selling retail on the OPS posted site. News to me.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Search some of the sponsers here on Lawn site, its likely you will find a better price.
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think the advantage is a hard copy catalog which is nice.
  7. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

You can get better deals on Stens parts on Fleabay.
  8. keypunch

keypunch LawnSite Member

Hey there, I'm not a pro grass guy, but I am a PC tech guy. Sites like this get my goat, so I registered here on LawnSite just to make sure you know what you are dealing with when you go to that website...

1. First and foremost, stenspartsdirect is NOT run by "STENS The Parts Company". Who owns it? We'll get to that in a minute.

2. The umbrella company(or website in this case) listed on the site is called "Mower Parts Group" which runs many websites aimed at selling you parts (oregonpartsdirect, gravelypartsdirect, murraypartsdirect, etc... they list 13 websites in all). This is just a website, not a business.

3. So who really is selling you parts? "Mower Parts Group" is owned by "Landscape Supply" out of Waco Texas which, according to their website, is run by father/son team Larry & Travis Yoder.

There's nothing wrong with any of this, it's just a family business trying to gain some bulk sales. I just wanted to point all of this out so that you KNOW that you are not dealing with STENS.

P.S. I'm a lurker and have found a lot of valuable information on here about mowing and equipment in general, so I just wanted to give back a little.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  9. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Good info keypunch...
    I've seen a few of those "Direct" websites...they do present themselves as being the factory site..
  10. keypunch

keypunch LawnSite Member

That's the part that rubs me the wrong way.