Anyone used a 26" metro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Feb 6, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used the HRT216 for 4 years now but the engine does not go to full throttle anymore I am looking into purchasing a new small mower which would only be used on 3-5 lawns per week.

Has anyone used the metro 26" it looks like it could save some time yet get through all the small gates. Also I hear some people talking about toro proline 6.5 HP but the toro website only shows a 6 hp max. and the metro is only 25 lbs heavier. How about the durability differences between these machines?

2. lawncuttinfoo

have they sold ANY of these? lol

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I just had a customer give me a commercial 32" stanley mower and I never even knew stanley made a mower. Has anyone ever used one or know where I can get parts for it.

5. lawncuttinfoo

sorry bout that, I was searching wrong I guess.

6. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Id Run away from your dealer that has these mowers i demoed one it sucks. Good idea bad design. Too heavy not manuverable and alot of people have not been happy with them and had problems. By the end of doing 2 back yards my arms were dead from trying to turn it and im not a small guy bout 6'3 225 and in fairly good shape. I run john deere jx 75s the old kind and ill take one of them any day. The added cutting width is negated by weight of machine and lack of manuverability. I could cut more with the 21" in a day then the 26" simply due to the fatigue on the operator

7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Made by Murray and you want to talk about problems.......

As far as the 26, it's beat to death here on Lawn Site.

All I can say is the new models are fixed.

You should know when you pick it out on the sales floor, that its not a small mower. Not just a trim mower, another Niche mower.

If you buy one, make sure the serial number is 600,000 or higher and make sure you ask the dealer to check the belt guides per the new service advisement. Some of them need to be adjusted about 1/8 of an inch.