anyone used a Gravely Stander 34"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IMAGE, Mar 14, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Does anyone have any experience with the Prostance 34" Gravely stander?

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty sweet unit. Only issue would be if your a large (wide) guy, it can be tight. Otherise it's designed really well.

My only caution is that these small deck stand ons aren't good on hills because the wheels are so close together. Up and down you would be ok. Side to side would be a no no.

There was a good write up in Turf Magazine about them (well, the everride color) a few months back.

They should be selling for right around 5k. That's what you are gonna pay for a 48" hydro walk behind. A foot less on the deck but you can get in gates and you dont' have to walk.

3. IMAGE

from midwest

Thanks for the info Tallimeca. I am a wide stocky guy. 5'7" 240lbs:weightlifter:

This will be a mower for back yards, and any area I cant get a Lazer Z 66 into. I am gonna have to get an accelerator bagger and a jrco dethather for it also, so looking at about 6 bills. ouch!

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

It is nothing more than a red Great Dane. They are quality machines.

5. IMAGE

from midwest

Thanks ProStreet - I will seach for info on the Great Danes then :)

6. IMAGE

from midwest

Anyone have a dethather on the 34" prostance? There is not one listed for it on the JRCO fit sheet.

7. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

IMAGE--

Take a look at the Wright Stander at www.wrightmfg.com We are looking the stander 36" with a 15 hp kawi for $4800.00.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that, look at the Wright before anything else when it comes to stanon mowers.

9. IMAGE

from midwest

I checked into Wright, but the closest dealer is like 150 miles away. I dont know if I want something with no dealer support in my area.

10. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Ask the dealers in your area if they can get them from any of their distributors. I'am sure they deal with more than one distributor.

Mo