Anyone used a SEGWAY to deliver FLYERS?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CrazyBlonde, Feb 18, 2010.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I dont know how well it would work but it definitely sounds fun.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

if you think about it, what battery has every lasted as long a people think they should? cell phones....PDA's, laptops, toys, ect....never last as long as we would want/expect them to...:)

3. CrazyBlonde

CrazyBlonde LawnSite Member

Marc, is the university using them at all? If so, Any input from them? Thanks much!

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

one of the project managers has one, and he uses it a few times a month. but our campus isn't that big 114 acres...

they di have a segway tour service in dc..
    http://www.capitalsegway.com/tours?gclid=CIrH86_ug6ACFSFy5QodfzBklA

ive never done it...and the segway does look like a neat ride...but you still end up looking like some silicon valley techno weenie while riding it...

5. CrazyBlonde

Thanks for the link, Marc. I WILL NOT look like a weenie! Only the guys do!:dancing:

6. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have an X2 Segway. I use to spray large industrial/commercial accounts. I don't care what I look like riding it....it gets a lot of work done with it. Had it for 2 years now and would be lost without it. Saves huge amounts of time. All I can say about it.

7. CrazyBlonde

Morturf, THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone who has one responded. Do you think it would work out for delivering flyers door to door? I will park it in the driveway and walk up. What do you think?

8. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

You use it to spray!? I need pictures! Do you use a backpack sprayer or have some kind of rig?

9. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

They don't just park....sort of have mind of their own when left and they take a bit to spin back up.....but you can figure it out. I let it rest against something so it won't wonder off.

I use a backpack to spray. Works well and I like it. Sorry no pictures and none too soon due the the crappy weather. Thanks

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

why would you want to spend 4k just to pass out flyers?