Anyone used Blu Lock?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AimhigherRandy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. AimhigherRandy

AimhigherRandy LawnSite Member

I saw the Blu Lock products at the Denver Pro Green last month, but was concerned with longevity and leaking. Has anyone used these products? Thanks!:usflag:

2. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

DBC Irrigation sells them. They claim no issues, but I 'm with you on this one!

3. AimhigherRandy

Yeah, the guys from Blu Lock told me the same thing, but couldn't really show me how they would hold up especially in our cold climate. Just wondering!

4. Ferti-man

Concept is good, but I am going to wait it out a bit longer and have others beta test it! :walking:

5. AimhigherRandy

LOL, I think I'm with you there.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We'll see how Hank does with them..he's been using them for quite a while.
    Long term will decide, tho they looked pretty good to me.
    Seem great for guys with limp wrists!

7. Ferti-man

Let us know! Some applications they would be good for, though for the majority, I would prefer a solder joint. I'll stay away from the wrist comment. :walking:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We got some samples of the fittings and a roll of pipe a few years ago. Never used them on a customers system, but when my tech installed a system at his parents' place he used them. Hasn't had a problem yet. Two years of service and two fall blow outs.

9. Ferti-man

DanaMac, Good to know thanks. How was it used? By this, I mean as part of the main line before / after back flow; inside / outside house...? I was thinking the fittings might work well on supply line repairs inside were it is stuffed in between the rafters on copper pipe.

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

MODification complete. Bastids.