anyone used Embark PGR??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TurfPro, Apr 8, 2004.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I'd like to hear about actual in-the-field results from anyone who has used this product.

Thanks for your input

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I used it 2 years ago on some lawns that were fertilized too heavy. The grass was growing 6 inches or more each week. It slowed it down real well. It needs to be applied evenly and at the proper rate or the grass will yellow .

3. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Sorry for not being specific,but I plan on using it for ornamentals not turf. Thanks for the reply.

4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a power sprayer? I'm disappointed in the results with a pump sprayer so when I read the label again, I noticed that it specified using a power sprayer (skid sprayer). If, after using it with a skid sprayer, I'm still disappointed, I'm going to send PBI Gordon a letter telling them I'm not happy with either of the snake oils. Of course ... the sprayer may make all the difference ...

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

As with use on lawns.Application is everything.

6. CSRA Landscaping

I'm hoping so. Because if, after we spend the $2k on a sprayer and it still doesn't work ... I guess we'll have to find something else, Lol.

7. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Yes I have a power sprayer.

The label I read stated "spray until wet" or saturated. That would be hard to do with a backpack sprayer. I'd like to cut down on the shrub maintenance on a few properties because we have some big landscape installs coming up soon and we need all the manpower for this instead of trimming shrubs.

8. CSRA Landscaping

Yeah, it kind of stinks trimming shrubs all week through the growing season LOL

9. goforgreen2

goforgreen2 LawnSite Member

I've used it for several years (in my youth) with great results. Definately works better applied with power and target about 7-10 days after pruning. Will decrease man hour significantly.

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I get good results uswing a backpack and a little bit of spreader sticker