Anyone used MO-DECK on their equipment???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DrByrd, Dec 3, 2004.

1. DrByrd

DrByrd LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Just wanted to get another opinion on this product. I tried it near the end of season but did'nt get enough of the right conditions to tell how really good product was. Mfg. states that with more applications over time performance gets better. HINT wet grass is supposed to not clump or pack under deck. P.S. I just got a sweet deal on a Super Z 60 27 kohler. Heard bad things about them in wet conditions. But it was still my choice.
  2. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

never heard of a MO deck. do you have a web site?
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Good question what is a MO deck? Any ties to Meg Mo blades?
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've never heard of it either. Please explain what it is.
  5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

mo-deck...a polymer spray that did Absolutely Nothing to Prevent Grass Build-Up on my Mowers...I bought a case...PM me if you want some Cheap.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have tried EZ-Slide graphite based paint...that was a waste of money. mo-deck is expensive...probably better off just using Pam cooking spray (or the generic brand). I have used it and it works ok, but not great. Might last the early morning, as I guess that is when you need it to work the best.
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Now I remember, I saw it in the mow more parts catalog last night and its $7 a can. Sounded like it would work pretty good but I guess you would have to keep spraying it on the deck more and more like they recommend for it to really work.
  8. Mower Mike

Mower Mike LawnSite Member

I have had airboats for years and I know grass and mud will not stick to either of these products. But hulls are aluminum or fiberglass, not sure if it will stick to steel??
    A great way to treat your aluminum or fiberglass bottom. Not quite as slick as polymer, but not as expensive either. Used for years in the airboat industry for friction reduction and abrasion protection. Once you put it on, don’t change your mind because it ain’t coming off.
    35-35105 Steel Flex Resin & Hardener 90.00 gal
    35-35150 Steel Flex Just Right Resin Brush 9.75 ea.

It’s a new product that looks like it’s going to be a real winner. Slick and durable for speed and action on the hill.
    35-12018 Zerex Slick-Em 195.00 gal.
    35-12518 Zerex 1/2 Gallon 105.00 ea.

steel flex.jpg